Tuesday 20 December 2011

Checkers anyone?

This evening I've continued with my Christmas baking and tonight, I made my hubby's favourite: checkerboard cookies! I got this recipe from Martha Stewart's website. I've been making these every Christmas since 2002 and there are never any left come New Year.

I did make a boo boo though when baking. I realized once I started cutting the cookies that I did not have any parchment paper. I thought though that they had enough butter in them (1 cup) they would be ok on my silver pan. Wrong! Some of them stuck fast. I was so mad at myself! But, I was able to get most of them up without too much damage. I've included a pic below.

Now, I better get them in the freezer and hide them deep in there if I expect to eat any on Christmas Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment