Sunday 27 May 2012

Lasagna - quintessential food any time of year

Tonight I'm making lasagna for dinner. I'm making the sauce from scratch so will be in the kitchen most of the afternoon. To get me through, I'll keep a picture in my head of a petite Italian woman with a flower print apron buzzing around her kitchen making her children's favourite dish and making everything from scratch. While I won't make everything from scratch, I will wear a similar apron and buzz around the kitchen filling the house will the smells of a saucy, cheesy lasagna and accompany it with garlic bread.

My mouth is watering as  I write this. Sauce is cooking away on the stove and I am ready to eat now. So much for my diet! I just should not try anymore....

I'll post pics later of my creation. For now, you'll have to content yourself with wanting to lick this picture of a saucy spoon. Enjoy!

UPDATE!
I've add these new photos of my lasagna and I've made a couple more since! It wa the best lasagna I've ever had. Seriously! If you have the time to make your own sauce, do. It is so worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment