Saturday 14 January 2012

Comfort Food on a snowy night

I've been stuck in my house all day as it's been snowing and I don't get new tires on my car till Friday. Anyway! I decided to leave the fire on all day and put my hands to work in the kitchen by making some sort of comfort food.

I opened my cupboards and realized I should change my name to Old Mother Hubbard. Hardly anything to pique my creativity. So I checked the fridge and all that came together in my head (that wasn't frozen) was mac and cheese. Oh yeah.

I whipped it up and decided to make a side chopped salad with spinach as the leaf with a honey dijon dressing. I made the mac and cheese in individuals bowls and they looked so yummy and cute. Yes, I said cute. Food can be cute. Homemade breadcrumbs for the topping. So easy, but takes time - which I had thanks to the snow. Now, what do I make tomorrow?

Here are some pics of the process.

The butter goes in.
Making the sauce.
Just mixed and ready for bowls.
Fresh out of the oven.
Ready to serve and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment